Download the free Christmas budget worksheet to control your holiday spending!
If you’re anything like me, the approach of Thanksgiving means one thing – stressing out about Christmas shopping! LOL
I don’t know why, but I always have a hard time just enjoying Thanksgiving for what it is.
I just can’t get all my Christmas to-dos out of my mind.
Maybe it’s because of all the commercialization behind Black Friday.
I don’t know.
At any rate, I thought the week before Thanksgiving would be the perfect time to nail down my holiday budget. Being a lover of all things Excel, of course I’m planning on throwing an Excel spreadsheet at the issue!
Last year I used a cute printable Christmas gift list for budgeting – I just made my recipient list and wrote out amounts beside their names. It served as a Christmas checklist of sorts but didn’t really help with the budgeting aspect.
All I could do when I overspent on a gift was mark out the estimated amount and write down the actual cost.
This year, I want to get a little more technical and go with a true Christmas budget template in Excel, one where I can manipulate the numbers if the overall budget looks to high once I’m done listing all the recipients and estimated gift costs.
Having my Christmas present budget in Excel will also allow me to make adjustments as I purchase gifts, helping me keep on track overall.
If I overspend on one person, then I will have to get creative with other presents! LOL
I’m trying to use only my blog income for Christmas presents this year, so I need to stay on target!
Free Christmas Budget Worksheet Template
Here’s the Christmas gift budget spreadsheet I came up with. It’s simple and cute!
I put in a few placeholder amounts as an example, but you can just delete those and enter your own amounts.
To download this file, click on the Screen icon on the bottom right corner of the image. This will take you to a page where you can save the Excel file to your computer for editing.
Two More Christmas Gift Spreadsheets – Printable Planner & Practical Budget Template
If the Christmas gift worksheet above doesn’t suit your needs, I found two more holiday gift planners that just might do the trick:
- Printable Holiday Budget Planner + Fillable Version – The Organized Home comes through yet again! This Christmas budget worksheet can either be printed and filled out by hand or you can type directly on the fillable version. The only drawback to this form is that it won’t automatically update totals for you like an Excel file will.
- Practical Christmas Present Budget Template – Like the site’s name suggests, Practical Spreadsheet’s holiday gift planner is a highly useful Christmas budgeting tool. The person who designed this worksheet thought of every gift-giving scenario – there are sections for family members, friends, colleagues, service personnel, and an “Other” section to define your own categories of gift recipients. Perhaps the best thing about this template is its Budget to Actual comparison column. I might have to implement this when I update my own Christmas gift spreadsheet.
I Love Hearing From You!!
If you download my template, please leave a comment below to let me know how you like it!
Also, please share the love and show others on Pinterest and Facebook if you don’t mind!
Latest posts by Lena Gott (see all)
- The Step-by-Step Guide to a Life-Changing Product Launch (read this today!) - 06/19/2017
- Camping with Kids & Unplugging for a Weekend - 06/16/2017
- Pinterest Secrets of a Six Figure Blogger - 05/21/2017