As a cost-conscious mom, I don’t like to pay for craft project materials unnecessarily; often, I get what I need online.
Seeing as Valentine’s Day is sneaking up on us, I am in need of free printable heart stencils. While I was in the process of looking for heart templates, I came across a bunch of nice star stencils, so I went ahead and kept track of those websites, too.
Below are links to sources of printable heart templates and star patterns in many sizes.
Free Printable Heart Stencils & Star Templates
The Activity Village website offers cute heart stencils and star templates. Under the Heart Templates link, there are four different sheets of heart stencils in PDF format.
I am particularly fond of the symmetrical heart shapes. I think I’ll use these to make homemade stacked notes.
Under the Star Template link, there is a single sheet of two five-point stars (PDF format as well).
Free Heart Templates – Cute Heart Shape Cutouts
I am more than excited to announce that I now offer my own cute printable heart stencils. These heart patterns are perfect for homemade Valentine’s Day cards, craft projects, even heart garlands!
Click on the images below to go to the post with the pattern you need:
Where to Download Free Star Stencil Patterns, Star-Shaped Templates
I also like this interesting star stencil template from the Enchanted Learning website. You can print out five 5-point stars in various sizes on a single page because they are layered on top of one another. These would be especially useful in projects that require different sizes of identical stars shapes.
This printable template would also be nice as a coloring page. The lines in between stars could be painted with a rainbow of colors. I know my 5-year-old would LOVE this.
Types of Projects for Heart Cutouts and Star Shapes
Heart shapes and star cutouts can be used in all sorts of ways. Here are some craft project ideas you can do on your own or with the kids:
- Valentine’s Day crafts and cards
- Kids bedroom wall decorations
- Sewing patterns
- Coloring pages
- Pumpkin carving designs
- Homemade sticky notes – Cut out enough hearts to make a small stack, then use adhesive to bind a single edge. Alternatively, make a freestanding stack of notes and contain them in an organizer.
- Cute garland – cut out many of the same pattern on colored paper (construction paper, cardstock) and use staples or tape to attach them end to end. My kids like to hang garlands like this from the kitchen counter.
I plan on using the heart stencils and star patterns listed above in all kinds of projects. First, I am going to start with a bunch of Valentine’s day crafts. We’re having some playdates in late January /early February that these would be perfect for.
Latest posts by Lena Gott (see all)
- Urinary Tract Health with Uricalm® - 07/28/2015
- Introducing Twined.com: The Marketplace Where YOU Have Bargaining Power - 07/28/2015
- 3 Major Reasons to Check Your Credit Score - 07/27/2015