Searching for the best budget spreadsheet to use this year? Well, you have found it! In this post, I’d like to discuss and recommend the best Excel budget planner I have found to manage your finances in 2020!
If you are ready to really take control of your money this year, you will want to use a family budget planner to do so. This little document will seriously rock your wallet! It will give you all the information you need to save money, pay off debt, and live a more financially free life.
(or keep reading to learn all the reasons why I love this resource!)
Why Should I Use a Household Budgeting Spreadsheet?
You may be thinking, “If I just carry cash or keep my checkbook register up to date, I don’t really need a budget planner…”
I hate to break it to you, but you are likely wrong!
Even when you are working to control where your money is going, having a spreadsheet to see the BIG PICTURE is insanely helpful. Because even if you are carrying cash, you may find it leaves your wallet faster than it should.
Or, even if you budget your checkbook every day, you may still be spending too much. This happens to me ALL. THE. TIME.
Having a spreadsheet lay out all of your income and expenses for you gives you the exact blueprint you need to start saving more money.
When you create a budget, you are getting maximum control over your cash flow. You will know where every penny should go, so that you don’t overspend or splurge when you have bills to pay!
Isn’t Cash Budgeting Just as Good?
I get it – using a budget spreadsheet is just about the most boring thing in the world! And it’s not tangible. Using a cash envelope system seems like a good idea because you’re either getting results (sticking to the cash in your envelopes) or not (you have to dip into cash reserves to meet expenses).
But here’s the thing – a cash system is based on physical restraint. It’s good for the short term, but what happens later on when you have MORE money and MORE expenses to account for? You need a better system than an envelope can provide!
KNOWING the big picture and acting accordingly is how you get on track with your finances and move to building wealth. Starting with a budgeting system like this that can grow with you is the only way to go.
Benefits of a Well-Designed Excel Budget Planner
When you start with a properly formatted budgeting template, your work is over half way done. I chose this budget template because it meets ALL of these criteria!
- Simple to use. Imagine a budgeting routine where you only spend half an hour (yes, 30 minutes!) working on your finances. You sit down one evening a month, discuss the bills and income with your spouse, then put it all away to spend more time with your family.
- Helps save you money. The best budget spreadsheet is one that is designed to show you exactly where your money is going each month. That way, you can learn where you need to make cuts. Turn it into a challenge, seeing how much you can save by cutting expenses!
- Project your future cashflow. Knowing how much money you will have in the bank down the line is a great way to have more peace of mind when it comes to finances. Fear of the unknown is a real thing, but if you can see your projected cashflow for 6, 12, or even 18 months into the future, wouldn’t you feel better about your money situation?!
- Eliminate the money overwhelm. Sitting down to pay your bills can be a daunting process – especially if you aren’t sure you have the money in the bank to cover them. However, using a Google budget tracker makes it easy to take away all the stress related to keeping your bills current every month.
I’ve Found the Best Budget Spreadsheet of 2020!
As I said at the beginning, I have discovered an Excel budget planner that will work wonders on your finances. You can actually use this family budget planner in Google sheets, making it easy to access anywhere, anytime. And you could give your spouse access to the spreadsheet so no one can claim they didn’t know what was in the budget!
With this household budgeting spreadsheet, you only need to spend 30 minutes per month working on the family finances in order to develop an effective budget.
It will give you the peace of mind that you are covered, in the event an unexpected expense should arise. Think about it, do you really want to worry about the medical bills if you son falls and breaks a bone? Or if your daughter suddenly comes down with pneumonia?
This budget spreadsheet will give you the ability to worry about the things that matter the most. It also frees up your time spent calculating and figuring out the budget for the month so you have more time with your loved ones.
Latest posts by Lena (see all)
- How Long Does it Take to Make Money Blogging? - 01/15/2020
- Best Budget Spreadsheet for 2020! - 07/19/2019
- How to Treat Rough, Uneven Skin with Microderm Abrasion at Home - 06/04/2019