We’ve gone camping quite a bit over the years. We usually camp with family friends over a long weekend, and we split up the meals to make sure everyone doesn’t end up bringing food for everyone, for every meal. (this happened our first year and we had SO MUCH FOOD leftover!) lol
Since there are three families, what we usually end up doing is taking one breakfast and dinner each, then everyone provides their own lunches. It works out really well!
We like to mix up our menu each year so it doesn’t get boring. Last year we made chicken kabobs on the fire for dinner and pancakes on the iron skillet for breakfast. This year I wanted to find some completely new recipes and I found a ton of them!
I narrowed the list to some of my faves, and I wanted to share them with you in case you are considering going on a camping trip this summer or fall. You can never be too prepared! 🙂
Cooking over the fire in a skillet or foil wrapped packet is so easy. You’ll see what I mean when you read the recipes listed below.
If you end up trying out one of the camping recipes, let me know!
- Things You Better Not Forget to Take On Your Family Camping Trip
- Camping with Kids? – Tips to Ensure a RELAXING Experience for All!
- FREE PRINTABLE Camping Packing Checklist
10 Easy to Make Foods for a Camping Trip
I scoured the web for a the best campfire food I could find. Of course, I found many options that you can actually cook in FOIL! I love cooking in foil because it’s so easy to clean up.
Below you’ll find some amazing recipes to plan for your next camping trip. Our standby recipe is those foil packet potatoes by Penny Pincher Jenny. They are seriously so easy, filling, and delicious! You could have them for breakfast OR dinner and they’d be just as good either way.
Make sure you check out the Mexican corn on the cob if you like being a little fancy. I never thought – until I saw this recipe – that it was possible to make something like this on a camping trip, but it’s so easy!
- Iron Skillet Nachos ~ WhatMommyDoes
- BBQ Chicken & Veggies Packets ~ Thrifty Jinxy
- Spicy Ranch Chicken Foil Packet Dinners ~ Dinner Mom
- Foil Packet Potatoes ~ Penny Pincher Jenny
- Make Ahead Strawberry Protein Bars ~ One Clever Chef
- Spaghetti Garlic Campfire Sandwiches ~ Mom Saves Money
- Smores Cones over the Campfire Recipe ~ Thrifty Jinxy
- Mexican Corn on the Cob ~ This Old Gal
- Camping Quesadillas ~ Cupcake Diaries
- Egg Bake Breakfast Foil Packet ~ Julie’s Eats & Treats
I hope you love these camping recipes as much as I do.
More Camping Posts from WhatMommyDoes
If you are planning a camping trip with kids in the near future, you may also want to check out these posts: