This post is sponsored by SingleCare; however, all opinions are 100% my own.
The health insurance marketplace is all over the grid nowadays. We never really know which way reform will go but one thing always stays the same. We all need medical care and prescription medication.
When you get a bad flu or your kid gets pink eye, you NEED to visit the doctor’s office.
But what happens when you don’t have good insurance? What happens when you don’t have ANY insurance?
What happens when your insurance doesn’t cover your prescription or the care you need?
These are real questions that real people have. I know because I have had the same questions myself.
There Are Wonderful Options Out There
Luckily, you aren’t alone in the hectic world of medicine. There are many ways to compound your savings and make up for the lack of (or just enough) insurance.
How to Save Money on Prescriptions
First, I’d like to go over a couple different ways I like to save money on prescription medications when I get a prescription from the doctor and don’t know if we can fit it into our budget:
- Sign up for a FREE pharmacy discount card: These cards allow you to access savings on medicine that are typically only available to healthcare companies. Singlecare.com is a company that offers a discount card that you can use when you don’t have insurance or when the drug you need is not covered by your insurance.
- Get generic brand medications: Any pharmacist can tell you if they carry the generic brand of what you’re prescribed. If you ask your doctor while they are writing the prescription for you, they can change it to something cheaper that they think is appropriate.
SingleCare: On a Mission to Make Healthcare Affordable
SingleCare is a company on a mission to make healthcare more accessible and affordable for people who have to pay for medical costs out of pocket.
If this describes you, you might want to check them out.
There are many benefits for signing up for SingleCare, but here are the biggies!
- It’s 100% free to you. You are only responsible for services they receive during provider visits.
- Their pharmacy savings card is accepted nationwide at over 35,000 pharmacies, including Walmart, Target, Rite Aid, Walgreens, CVS, Kroger, Harris Teeter, Duane Reade, Longs Drugs and Fry’s.
- SingleCare offers savings on not only prescriptions, but also dental, vision, and on-demand virtual doctor visits.
- It’s really easy to use.
You simply go to their website and search for the medication you need to price check. Here’s an example of what kind of results it gives you – a detailed list of exactly where you get your prescription at the best price! Amazing.
What I like the most about SingleCare is that they offer an app for your phone. You can use it to search for specific prescription prices in your vicinity and for medical providers in your area along with the costs they charge for procedures. This way, you can tally up how much your visit may cost before you even go.
You can’t put a price on peace of mind like that, especially when it comes to your budget!