After many requests, I finally found time to put together a free resource that’s been on my to-do list for quite some time.
It’s FREE snowflake templates you can print! I have my eye on this lovely fancy Martha Steward SNOWFLAKE PUNCH, but for now I am going to stick to the free printables you see below.
My snowflake printables are for all the moms, crafters, kids, and anyone who absolutely loves looking out the window at a lovely winter wonderland!
Ya’ll know that HEARTS are my one true love. But snowflakes are a close second. :=)
I hope you like these stencils as much as I do. We are currently using them as tracing sheets in our home, but I can think of so many different uses. Can’t wait to see how you choose to use them!
Free Printable Snowflake Templates
All of my snowflakes templates, large and small, print out on a full sheet of 8.5’ x 11” paper.
To download any of them, just click on the image to download the file in PDF format and save it to your computer.
Large Printable Snowflake Shapes to Cut Out
The first large printable one has simple enough curves and lines that you can cut out the shape fairly easily. I like this snowflake cutout’s modern rounded shape.
Free Printable Modern Snowflake Cutout (click on image to download)
Unique Snowflake Shape
More Snowflake Resources
Small Snowflake Pattern Printables
Around Christmas time, I think it would be nice to have some of these snowflakes in a smaller format for attaching to gifts. I know the kids will also like to have them in various sizes for craft projects. My oldest LOVES tracing. So these small snowflake patterns are for her.
The first sheet contains 5 different snowflake shapes just for tracing purposes, and the second one is a set of 9 small snowflakes inside circles (for making stickers, gift tags, etc).
I’ve left these printables black and white because the general idea is that your kids can color the stickers or gift tags to personalize them. But you could also print these on colored cardstock for a cute look.
Small Snowflake Shapes for Tracing (click on image to download)
9 Pretty Snowflake Templates – Small Size (click on image to download)
Detailed Snowflake Outlines – Large Patterns
Although I’m partial to the larger, modern snowflake shapes these days, my kids want shapes with intricate details.
Here are 3 snowflake outlines with a lot of detail. I personally wouldn’t cut these out (too aggravating!); rather, I imagine these are purely for tracing. But I could be wrong about this. I’d love to know your ideas in the comments below.
Printable Snowflake Stencil
Large Snowflake Pattern
Big Traditional Snowflake Template
PIN this image below (use the red Pinterest button at the bottom of the page) as reminder where you found these snowflake print outs!
Hope to see you again soon!
Many Uses for Snowflake Stencils
I have plans to use these snowflake patterns for all kinds of indoor activity on cold winter days and my own craft projects.
Here are a few ways I’m thinking we’ll use these print outs:
- SNOWFLAKE GARLAND to hang across the fireplace mantle for all winter long. Just print out one template and use it to cut many sheets of paper at once.
- WINTER COLORING PAGES for my kids on cold or snowy days
- Write LUNCH BOX NOTES on the small snowflakes to place in your little one’s lunch box
- Print the small snowflakes on white card stock and use them to decorate the front of a light blue card for a HOMEMADE CHRISTMAS CARD
- TRACING DESIGNS for all kinds of craft projects
- Cover the snowflakes in glitter and hang them one by one on various lengths of string and tape them along the top of your front porch window for a CUTE FRUGAL DECORATION
- Use them as APPLIQUE STENCILS in sewing projects
What will you use these snowflake outlines for?
More from WhatMommyDoes
- How to Make Your Stinky House Smell Like a SPA
- 7 Simple Money Making Ideas for Moms
- How to Make a Money Notepad (the PERFECT gift for teenagers!)
- Why I’m Letting My Kids Believe in Santa (a Christian mom’s perspective)
- 18 Brilliant Ways to Give Money as a Gift