After many requests, I finally found time to put together a free resource that’s been on my to-do list for quite some time.
It’s FREE snowflake templates you can print! I have my eye on this lovely snowflake punch, but for now I am going to stick to the free printables you see below.
My snowflake printables are for all the moms, crafters, kids, and anyone who absolutely loves looking out the window at a lovely winter wonderland!
Ya’ll know that HEARTS are my one true love. But snowflakes are a close second. :=)
I hope you like these stencils as much as I do. We are currently using them as tracing sheets in our home, but I can think of so many different uses (like garland templates and sewing patterns).
I can’t wait to see how you choose to use them!
Many Uses for Snowflake Stencils
I have plans to use these snowflake patterns for all kinds of indoor activity on cold winter days and my own craft projects.
Here are a few ways I’m thinking we’ll use these print outs:
- SNOWFLAKE GARLAND to hang across the fireplace mantle for all winter long. Just print out one template and use it to cut many sheets of paper at once.
- WINTER COLORING PAGES for my kids on cold or snowy days
- Write LUNCH BOX NOTES on the small snowflakes to place in your little one’s lunch box
- Print the small snowflakes on white card stock and use them to decorate the front of a light blue card for a HOMEMADE CHRISTMAS CARD
- TRACING DESIGNS for all kinds of craft projects
- Cover the snowflakes in glitter and hang them one by one on various lengths of string and tape them along the top of your front porch window for a CUTE FRUGAL DECORATION
- Use them as APPLIQUE STENCILS in sewing projects
Free Printable Snowflake Templates
All of my snowflakes templates, large and small, print out on a full sheet of 8.5’ x 11” paper.
To download any of them, just click on the image to download the file in PDF format and save it to your computer.
Large Printable Snowflake Shapes to Cut Out
These larger shapes are easy to cut out if you need something for a simpler project.
1) Free Printable Modern Snowflake Cutout (click on image to download)
The first large printable one has simple enough curves and lines that you can cut out the shape fairly easily.
I like this snowflake cutout’s modern rounded shape.
My kids have used this as a cutout and covered it in glitter for craft projects.
Because it has a circle at the tip of each point, you could even hole punch one of them and easily make an ornament!
2) Unique Snowflake Shape
This next shape one reminds me of a flower. I think it’s so cute.
We’ve used this one for fireplace mantle garlands.
It could also be a great simple winter coloring page for little kids or even grandmas!
My mother-in-law and my nana both do hand-dexterity activities like this to keep their fingers “warmed up.” 🙂
Small Snowflake Pattern Printables
Around Christmas time, I think it would be nice to have some of these snowflakes in a smaller format for attaching to gifts.
I know the kids will also like to have them in various sizes for craft projects. My oldest LOVES tracing. So these small snowflake patterns are for her.
The first sheet contains 5 different snowflake shapes just for tracing purposes, and the second one is a set of 9 small snowflakes inside circles (for making stickers, gift tags, etc).
I’ve left these printables black and white because the general idea is that your kids can color the stickers or gift tags to personalize them. But you could also print these on colored cardstock for a cute look.
3) Small Snowflake Shapes for Tracing (click on image to download)
This is a variety set of smaller shapes that you can use for tracing patterns on cards or another craft.
4) Pretty Snowflake Templates – Small Size (click on image to download)
These are tinier than the ones above – I like putting them over different colored sheets of paper and cutting out many layers at once!
Using that method, this set can easily create 27 or 36 snowflakes in minutes.
I think this would be an easy way to make winter table scatter for a party!
Detailed Snowflake Outlines – Large Patterns
Although I’m partial to the larger, modern snowflake shapes these days, my kids want shapes with intricate details.
Here are 3 snowflake outlines with a lot of detail. I personally wouldn’t cut these out (too aggravating!); rather, I imagine these are purely for tracing. But I could be wrong about this.
I’d love to know your ideas in the comments below.
5) Pointy Snowflake Stencil
Random fact – this snowflake looks exactly like these metal throwing stars my older cousin had when we were little.
They were SO DANGEROUS! But I promise this one isn’t dangerous. LOL
6) Large Snowflake Pattern
This one is a rather good pattern for a simple coloring page.
If you have a large enough felt tip marker, you could color this entire pattern in handful of strokes! I love it.
7) Big Traditional Snowflake Template
New! More Large Snowflake Outlines!
Many people come to me specifically for big snowflakes, so I decided to make more!
Click on the individual images below to access the PDF files to print out.
8) Big Snowflake
9) Simple Huge Snowflake
This one is similar to one above, but it’s even simpler because it doesn’t have the extra points on it.
It would be great for a sewing pattern or a craft.
10) Diamond Snowflake
This is one of my absolute favorite patterns because it’s got rounded points and diamond ends.
Not really for cutting out in detail…I think this would make a great card!
11) Fancy Snowflake
I love this particular snowflake because it’s fancy! The intricate pattern kind of looks like a spider’s web.
To download this page, click on the image below:
That’s it! Many different snowflake printouts you can use for all sorts of reasons!
Before you leave, make sure to pin one or more of the images to Pinterest button as reminder where you found them!
Hope to see you again soon!
More from WhatMommyDoes
- How to Make Your Stinky House Smell Like a SPA
- How to Make a Money Notepad (the PERFECT gift for teenagers!)
- Why I’m Letting My Kids Believe in Santa (a Christian mom’s perspective)
- 18 Brilliant Ways to Give Money as a Gift
- 7 Creative Ways to Gift Money
- 10 More Fun Ways to Give Money as a Present
- 30 Non-Toy Christmas Gift Ideas for Kids - 10/31/2023
- 50+ Fun Family Christmas Gift Ideas for Every Budget - 10/31/2023
- 19+ Creative Birthday Money Gifts - 08/04/2023