Thank you so much to Aflac for sponsoring this post. I love my sponsors….they make all my blogging dreams possible!
The purpose of this post is two-fold. First, to give you some fun ideas for summertime family fun. And second, to give you information you need to make informed insurance decisions for your family. Having fun is wonderful, but it’s also nice to do it with peace of mind that you’re covered in case of emergency.
7 Fun Summer Activities for Families with Young Children
I love having fun with my family. I have 3 little ones (ages 7, 5, and 3) and worry constantly about them getting hurt, but that doesn’t stop us from doing fun activities together!
Here are 7 things we are hoping to do this summer. So far, we’ve hit 4 out of 7, so I think we’ll get there! I hope you find some inspiration for your own family in this list!
- Drive In Movie – Where we live, there is a real life drive in movie theater where you park in your car and tune into the drive-in’s radio frequency to listen to the movie. If you don’t have one of these nearby, you could always get a projector and have a back yard “drive in” movie experience of your own. We have friends who project movies onto the back of their house!
- Catching Fireflies – My kids love doing this, and if I’m being honest, I’d say I enjoy it as much as they do! Catching lightning bugs reminds me of being a child, and I love watching them make this memory as well.
- Dancing in the Rain – I LOVE summer rainstorms. The ones where there’s no thunder to be heard and perhaps the sun is even still shining, but the rain is coming down! These offer the perfect opportunity to just get out there and have fun in the rain. My kids think I’ve gone crazy when I let them do this. 🙂
- Fishing – Fishing is something we don’t do nearly enough of. It’s a great way to bond with your children and spend device-free outdoor quiet time with them.
- Bike Trail Adventure – Find a bike trail you’ve never been on, and trek out there as a family on a nice morning. Little ones can either ride their scooters or tricycles or in a baby carrier on your bike. Don’t forget helmets! And depending on where you live, watch out for snakes. Yikes!
- Star Gazing – Warm summer months when school’s out are perfect for setting up a blanket after dark and watching the stars.
- Lake Swim + Picnic – One of our perfect low-cost summer fun days are spent at the lake. For a $6 parking fee, we can gain entrance and stay for the morning and afternoon, eating our lunch at the picnic area. If you don’t like swimming in lakes, there may also be walking trails and playgrounds at your lake.
Aflac is a Fortune 500 insurance company that has been recognized for nine consecutive years as one of the the World’sMost Ethical Companies by Ethisphere magazine.
For six decades, Aflac insurance policies have given policyholders the opportunity to focus on recovery, not financial stress. Their insurance products, which supplement major medical plans, are designed to pay policyholders directly for costs associated with a covered serious illness, injury, or loss. The cash benefits can be used for rent, gas, groceries, child car or any other out-of-pocket expenses you may have following an accident.
It’s not fun to think about the possibility of one of your family members experiencing a critical injury that requires you to be out of work for any length of time. But serious accidents happen all the time, and traditional health insurance plans aren’t designed to cover everyday living expenses that you need money for in case of emergency.
Summer Safety & Insurance Coverage
According to the Centers for Disease Control, more than 2.6 million children 0-19 years old are treated in emergency rooms each year for sports and recreation-related injuries.
If you’ve ever submitted a health insurance claim before, you know how difficult they can be. Between denied claims and waiting for payment, sometimes you are going back and forth with the insurance company and waiting up to 30 days for payment. When you really need the money – 30 days can seem forever!
If you ever need to submit a claim to Aflac under one of their supplement insurance policies, you’ll be glad to know that they recently introduced One Day Pay(SM) – an initiative that allows Aflac to process, approve, and pay eligible claims in just one day.
I hope you at least will consider looking into supplemental insurance such as the plans offered by Aflac, especially if you think you might need help meeting your out of pocket deductibles in case of emergency.
Aflac offers accident insurance directly to consumers as well as through company benefits programs. They’re introducing a new accident plan that includes a benefit for injuries sustained while playing an organized sport – perfect for busy families.
This summer, in advance of open enrollment at your company, be sure to take some time to look at what insurance is offered by your employer to ensure you have the right coverage for your family.
For more information on accident insurance policies, visit Aflac online.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.