As a fairly frugal person, I’m always looking for ways to give thoughtful gifts in creative ways. I always say the more thoughtful you can be, the less money you have to spend because people don’t necessarily want expensive things – they just want to know you care and that you understand what they want.
For many people, what they want is cold hard cash. It’s the perfect gift for a teenager, college students, or anyone who could use a bit of extra money, especially around the holidays.
If you give money in a creative manner, it can be a really cute present.
7 Creative Money Gift Ideas
Here are 7 ways to give money I rounded up for us all to use this Christmas!
- “I Mean Business” Money Gift – A great one for college students – they all need business card decks for interviewing, so why not give them one filled with cash as a surprise?
- “Exitemint” Hidden Gift Idea – Super cute for a teenager!
- First Aid Kit “Emergency Stash” – I think this gift is perfect for cash strapped college students.
- Money Notepad – Probably my favorite of all! I gave one of these to my niece last year and it was a HUGE hit! The girls at the bank even wanted to see it. 😀 All you need to make this is a few materials including this padding compound.
- Dollar Bill Cake – This would take forever to make, but if you did it with $1 bills, it could still come in under $100 or so.
- Money Chocolate Box – Depending on your budget, you could even do coins instead of bills in some sections to add up to just the right amount.
- Money Tissue Box – Such a neat idea that would also be fun to assemble!
- Candy Coins – Leave it to Martha Stewart to give us such an adorable way to give money!
Money Gift Ideas for Graduations & Birthdays, Too!
I wrote this post with Christmas gift giving in mind, but I realize now that all of these gifts would be equally as great for graduations or birthdays. What graduate wouldn’t appreciate a handful of money as a present? And just about any older kid, teenager, or college student I know would also appreciate spending money.
What other ideas do you have for giving money as a gift in a creative way? I’d love to hear your ideas in the comments below! If you have a picture to share, hop on over to my Facebook page and share it on the wall!
More Gift Ideas from WhatMommyDoes
- 21 Essential Oil Gift Ideas for the Scent Lover in Your Life
- 15 Best Lego Gift Ideas
- How to Make a Money Notepad (for teens and college students!)
- Two gifts in one! Check it out. These are so thoughtful >>