Being a mom is great. I get to play at the park without people looking at me weird, I can finger paint and have mud fights and no one wonders why.
I also get my very own audience for my sweet dance routines. I know I’ll never be embarrassing, I’m too cool for that. Duh.
The Best Part of Being a Mom
The best part about being a mom is that I even get my own holiday! 🙂
I do wish it was on a different day though, since my husband’s birthday is always right before it.
So I have to share, which is guess is good because I have to teach the kids about sharing anyway.
We’ve celebrated in various ways over the years. My favorite was a few years ago when I was gifted a grand spa package.
I didn’t know you could get that many types of massages in a row. The place even had a toilet that was controlled by a panel on the wall.
For real, the thing was lilac scented and heated. and I would’ve hung around to see what all it did, but I had massages and pedicures and such to get to.
What Moms Really Want for Mother’s Day!
I can think of a handful of other gifts that I would absolutely love for Mother’s Day.
If you’re reading this and you have a mom to buy for, when in doubt, this is a for real list you can use as a guide! 🙂
- Movie-a-thon: Honestly, my perfect Mother’s Day would be spent watching movies of my choice and eating junk food on the couch all day long, with my family beside me. All I need are my people. I can do without gifts. Besides, I get a little thrill when I have a good time without spending a lot of money. Like I’m getting away with something sneaky.
- Mom’s Weekend Away: Second only to spending quality time with my family? Gathering up my mom friends and going on a vacation!
- Winery Tour: If you live within a few hours of one then it’s a simple day trip. Need a DD? That’s what husbands and Uber are for.
- Bubble Bath Package: Go all out, there are all sorts of things to put in a nice bath basket. Salts, scents, pumice stones, bath pillows, tub trays, and fizzies to name a few.
- Cruise to Anywhere: Cruises are AMAZING. I was skeptical to do one, but once I did I couldn’t wait to do another. They really are the ultimate vacation. You don’t need a car, there is an endless supply of food, and you get a bunch of mini vacations along with it since they stop at various spots along the way. If money is tight, there are shorter cruises for 2-3 days available on some cruise lines.
Traveling Moms & Money
You may have noticed three of the gift ideas on my list involve travel.
That’s because I LOVE to travel! In fact, my entire family does because half of them are originally from India, so long distance travel is normal for us.
My top stress during traveling for any reason is managing money. I like to save money, but I don’t like to deal with it.
I want it to be where I need it, when I need it and I don’t want to jump through hoops to get it there.
I remember my first cross country road trip. Around Texas, I stopped to get gas and my card was declined at the pump.
It was a Sunday night, so of course the gas station and the bank were closed. I couldn’t pay with cash, just at the pump.
Apparently stopping at multiple places in multiple states was suspicious to the bank robots, and they suspected fraud.
While I’m grateful for this trick, it left me in a tight spot.
I had another card on me, but I didn’t keep much money in that account since it was just a back-up.
I knew I could get gas, but I wasn’t sure if I could get gas and a hotel since we needed to stop for the night at some point.
I lucked out that there was a motel behind the gas station. I just stayed the night and dealt with the money problem in the morning.
When You Need to Send Money Long Distances
If only Xoom was in my life back then. I could have transferred money or had some wired to me right then.
Xoom is an easy way to send money to loved ones. They serve more than 40 different countries and money can be sent at any time.
This way you can spend less time on stress and money management and more time on what is important to you.
With services including bill pay and phone reloading, it can be easy to assist family of friends with a few clicks. The thought that I can pay my little sister’s phone bill while she’s backpacking through Europe while I sit on my couch is comforting.
I’m not doing that right now, but with Xoom I could if I wanted to! 🙂
My grandmother and I are thinking about taking a month-long trip to India to visit relatives next year around this time, and I like knowing that if I want to send money ahead of us, we can do it with Xoom.
If we get in a bind while we’re overseas, I know my husband can quickly & painlessly send money to us.
The last time my grandmother went to India, I know she was bothered by the fact that she wanted desperately to give money to her daughters to repair a leaky roof, yet she had no way to get them the money easily.
That was 15 years ago….thing are very different now with Xoom! She will be able to visit her children (4 out of 5 of them live there) and help them out financially.
I really am glad Xoom is available to send money to India now!
You can even send money using your iPhone. It’s pretty simple to do and secure as well. Just so you have peace of mind, they even offer text alerts to let you know when the money has been received.
Great Deals from PayPal
Whether or not you use Xoom, you MUST check out these Mother’s Day deals and egift cards from vendors like Macy’s, Overstock, and Yankee Candle at PayPal.com/MothersDay.
I like the fact that you can get discounted gift cards….it’s like free money! 🙂
If you have a picky mom in your life, you can even let her pick it out herself. Additional savings can be found at the PayPal Digital Gifts store.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.