Every year I look forward to pumpkin carving time. Usually I’m scrambling around for a pumpkin stencil at the last minute, but this year I’m prepared!
25+ Free Printable Pumpkin Patterns
I found a nice variety of free pumpkin templates, and I’ve gathered them in the handy list below:
- Unique Pumpkin Stencils – DotComWomen has a nice selection of unique designs, including a haunted house, cemetary scene, spiderweb, and a few scary options.
- Creepy Pumpkin Patterns – There are a couple truly creepy options on the Stoneykins website. That evil hooded skeleton gives me the heebie jeebies!
- Scary Jack-o-Face – One of many options available on the Celebrating Halloween website.
- Chevron Pumpkin Pattern (my own design!)
- Happy Face Pumpkin Template – My personal preference is a happy pumpkin; I don’t see many around, but I love their toothy grins. This is a classic happy face courtesy of About.com.
- Disney Pumpkin Carving Patterns – Direct from Disney, tons of your favorite character stencils!
- Detailed Celtic Pumpkin Stencils – Mandalas are in for adult coloring pages, so I think Celtic designs are in order for pumpkin carvings! Here are two lovely templates from Martha Stewart.
- Words to Carve Into Pumpkins – sometimes you just want your pumpkin to say “Boo!” or “Happy Halloween”
Pumpkin Carving Tools & Books
I like grabbing free stencils most of the time, but my husband strongly prefers to buy one of those books with tons of designs in them. I do admit that sometimes you can get a nicer looking outcome if you go this route only because they’re always professional done.
In case you’re on my husband’s side on this, here are some tools and resources I rounded up: