I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for First Response. I received product samples as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation. All opinions are 100% my own.
Finding out you’re pregnant is one of the most joyous moments in life. It’s a wonderful yet stressful experience wrapped all in one.
These days, pregnancy testing is so much more advanced than it was the first time I was pregnant 8 years ago. My husband and I were actively trying to get pregnant for all three of our pregnancies, and I’ll never forget what seemed like an excruciatingly long period of time passed after the time I thought I had ovulated to the time a pregnancy test could detect pregnancy hormone levels.
The tests I had back then could detect pregnancy a couple days before my missed period. These days, pregnancy tests can detect hCG hormone (human chorionic gonadotropin) levels up to SIX DAYS before the day of your missed period. SIX DAYS! That’s phenomenal.
First Response has made so many advances in recent years. Here are a few features of their new Early Result Pregnancy Test:
- Comfort Sure Design Features – cutting-edge curved shape designed to fit a woman’s hand, 50% wider tip, and longer handle
- FDA Approved Cutting Edge Pregnancy Detection – designed to detect all relevant forms of urinary hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) throughout pregnancy and can do so as early as six days before the day of your missed period
- Easy-to-Read Results – pregnancy results appear in 3 minutes (can be used any time of day) with over 99% accuracy from the day of the expected period…two pink lines = pregnant!
- Reasonably Priced – First Response Early Result Pregnancy Tests are available at all major drug stores, mass and grocery stores for $8.99 -$15.99
Once you find out you’re pregnant, the fun part ensues. You get to decide the best way to tell your significant other (assuming he wasn’t there when you took the test), and then you’ll need to tell family members.
Announcing my pregnancies was probably the funnest part about getting pregnant all three times.
We tried three different methods, and a little part of me wished we had done something over the top.
5 Adorable Pregnancy Announcement Ideas
Here are some super cute pregnancy announcement ideas for you to consider whether you are having your first baby, your second, or more!
1) Serve the ultrasound with dessert – We did this with my parents for our first baby. We served dessert one night when they were visiting, and brought out the ultrasound at the same time. The expression on my mom’s face when I handed her the ultrasound printout was priceless. She looked at it, looked at me, looked it, looked at me. Then she asked me what it was. (She’s a nurse!) I think she was in complete shock. Then once the shock wore off she couldn’t stop smiling for like 2 hours straight. It was so cute.
2) Big Brother or Big Sister shirt – This works if you already have one or more children. For our second baby announcement, we found a cute shirt on Etsy and made our daughter walk around in it around the grandparents. It took them quite a while to notice, which was actually quite hilarious. And once they noticed they couldn’t quite make out the saying because the letters were sequins. Warning: don’t do sequins and you should be good to go!
3) Fortune cookie switcheroo – Take your parents out to a Chinese restaurant and switch out the restaurant fortune cookies for custom fortune cookies. They wouldn’t be expecting this, so it would be a memorable surprise!
4) Baby shoes photo – I just love this one. I’ve seen in done a couple ways. One is to take a picture of only your feet and shoes from the ankle down, the put a pair of baby shoes between the two of you. Another way is to just take a photo of one shoe from him, one from her, and one from baby on the way like this example.
5) Picture of you/your child reading a baby book – This is a really adorable idea. Just grab a book about new babies, either a children’s book like I’m a Big Sister by Joanna Cole or a grown up book like What to Expect When You’re Expecting and take a picture of you or your child(ren) reading the book! This would be a perfect way to tell far away friends and family on Facebook.
I hope you find one you like in this list! What other cute pregnancy announcement ideas have you seen?
- 7 Creative Money Gift Ideas - 05/03/2021
- Teacher Appreciation Week Thank You Letter – Super Cute! - 04/30/2021
- Free Stuff for Moms in 2021 – Over $275 in Freebies! - 04/29/2021