There’s not much more I like than going on a picnic on a warm summer day. Instead of packing the same old things, I figure this year I can step up my game and try to pack some actual summer recipes!
Here’s my first idea – RAINBOW SALAD IN A JAR!
What You’ll Need for Rainbow Salad in a Jar
Medium Glass Jar – You could purchase a mason jar or something similar, but honestly an old olive jar that you washed out really well or even a pickle jar would work!
Once you’re ready with your jar, chop up and layer the following ingredients in the jar. The order is not as important as separating like colors so they all really pop against one another!
- ripe red tomatoes
- orange peppers
- sweet corn
- green peppers
- purple onions and/or red cabbage
Rainbow Salad Variations
There are so many fruits and veggies you can put in a rainbow salad recipe, here are some other options if you want to mix and match:
- Red: tomatoes, red peppers
- Orange: orange peppers, oranges, roasted pumpkin
- Yellow: yellow tomatoes, sweet corn, squash
- Green: green peppers, spinach, broccoli, romaine lettuce
- Purple: purple onions, red cabbage, eggplant
Am I missing any ingredients? If so, let me know your ideas in the comments below!!
Other Posts You Might Like
Latest posts by Lena Gott (see all)
- The Step-by-Step Guide to a Life-Changing Product Launch (read this today!) - 06/19/2017
- Camping with Kids & Unplugging for a Weekend - 06/16/2017
- Pinterest Secrets of a Six Figure Blogger - 05/21/2017