I get SO MANY questions from moms each day about what I do.
They know I work from home on a blog, but they don’t understand how that can be a real thing. So I not only teach other moms how to become bloggers, but I also explain all kinds of ways to make money as a stay-at-home-mom if that’s something that interests you.
So many people need a way to earn extra income on a flexible schedule from home while they stay at home with their kids. The ability to bring in income when you need it is a true blessing. I am a CPA so I love talking numbers. And I’m a former college instructor, so I love teaching as well.
Without further ado, let’s dive into a handful of ways you can make money from home as a mom!
If you want even more inspiration, make sure to follow my Money Making Ideas for Moms Pinterest board here >> It has over 4000 pins and 28,000 followers and it’s a great place to just get inspired. 🙂 Pinterest is NOT just for crafts and recipes, ya’ll! It can help you figure out what kind of job you might like.
7 Best Money Making Ideas for Moms
- Blogging – You might think starting a blog is hard, but it actually isn’t as scary as it seems. You can follow this tutorial to get started for $2.95 a month and then build your blog from there. Blogging is a one hour here, two hours there kind of thing, and I will help you along the way! I even have a learning site JUST for bloggers where you can get plenty of training. I promise you won’t be alone in this!
- Teaching English as a Second Language with VIP Kid – An application takes about 5 minutes and anyone who has a University degree and some basic experience with kids (ie: coach, youth-leader, babysitter, mentor, tutor, teacher, etc.) can apply! I know MANY teachers who teach through VIP Kid on the side.
- Amazon Seller – Jessica makes over $50,000 per month as an amazon seller and she teaches other moms to do what she can done!
- Virtual Assistant (VA for short) – This is what my sister does. She is actually MY VA! You can offer so many services as a VA, from image creation to email checking. It’s not difficult. Just learn some skills and apply to help someone who needs help. You can get a free list of ideas of things you can offer in your VA business here >> 150 Services to Offer as a VA
- Crafter – I think one of the funnest things you can do on the side is sell things on Etsy. Etsy is an established platform where you can offer just about any kind of handmade item for sale. The sky’s the limit with your creativity here!
- Grocery Delivery – There are so many apps out there right now that let people order groceries for one or two hour delivery around town. You can find jobs with them and then delivery groceries as it fits your schedule. Two really popular services are Amazon Now and Instacart. You’ll need to live near an Amazon fulfillment center (in larger cities) to get the Amazon one.
- Online Surveys – If you just need a way to make QUICK cash, this is a good option. Nobody gets rich from doing surveys, but they’re a fun way to make money without trying too hard. 🙂
What do you think of these ways to make money for moms?
Do you have any to add to the list? Let’s keep it going!!
Latest posts by Lena Gott (see all)
- This is Why Minimalism Doesn’t Work if You’re Frugal - 08/15/2018
- 21 Newborn Must Haves You Can’t Forget to Register For - 07/06/2018
- 17 Best Things for Kids to Make and Sell - 06/10/2018