I get SO MANY questions from moms each day about what I do. My friends know that I stay at home with my kids and they also know that I make SIX FIGURES PER YEAR while enjoying a completely flexible schedule.
They know I work from home on a blog, but they don’t understand how that can be a real thing. So I not only teach other moms how to become bloggers, but I also explain all kinds of ways to make money as a stay-at-home-mom if that’s something that interests you.
How Can You Make Money from Home While Being a Stay at Home Mom?
There are just so many ways to earn an income on the side, whether you want it to be a real business or just a side gig, the sky’s the limit these days.
If you want to learn how to make money while staying at home, you’re not alone! So many people need a way to earn extra income on a flexible schedule from home while they stay at home with their kids. The ability to bring in income when you need it is a true blessing.
Just Imagine Yourself in a Flexible Job
Creating the work from home income stream that’s right for you can totally be accomplished with a good dose of planning, realistic expectations, and hard work.
Without further ado, let’s dive into a handful of ways you can make money from home as a mom!
7 Best Money Making Ideas for Moms
These are the most amazing ways I know of for creating a side income from home. I know it’s gonna sound cheesy, but starting a blog is always going to top my list because it’s what I do personally and can vouch for to the moon! After blogging there are still lots of ways which you will see below….but blogging really is tough to beat because it’s SO FLEXIBLE! You can literally blog about anything you want, even if it’s the wall colors you picked out for your house. lol
- Blogging – You might think starting a blog is hard, but it actually isn’t as scary as it seems. You can follow this tutorial to get started for $2.95 a month and then build your blog from there. Blogging is a one hour here, two hours there kind of thing, and I will help you along the way! I even have a learning site JUST for bloggers where you can get plenty of training. I promise you won’t be alone in this! Once you’ve started a blog, I will let you join my private Facebook group just for bloggers called Adventures in Blogging.
- Teaching English as a Second Language with VIP Kid – An application takes about 5 minutes and anyone who has a University degree and some basic experience with kids (ie: coach, youth-leader, babysitter, mentor, tutor, teacher, etc.) can apply! I know MANY teachers who teach through VIP Kid on the side. Wuth VIP Kid you can start earning money when you’d otherwise not be working anyway…this makes it a great side gig!
- Amazon Seller – Jessica makes over $50,000 per month as an amazon seller and she teaches other moms to do what she can done!
- Virtual Assistant (VA for short) – This is what my sister does. She is actually MY VA! You can offer so many services as a VA, from image creation to email checking. It’s not difficult. Just learn some skills and apply to help someone who needs help. You can get a free list of ideas of things you can offer in your VA business here >> 150 Services to Offer as a VA
- Crafter – I think one of the funnest things you can do on the side is sell things on Etsy. Etsy is an established platform where you can offer just about any kind of handmade item for sale. The sky’s the limit with your creativity here! In addition to Etsy, you can sell handmade items on Amazon. You can see what kinds of handmade items they allow you to list here >> Finally, I’d say the best craft job for stay at home moms is selling things you make at craft fairs. I think craft jobs deserve their own post, so I’ll work on that soon! 🙂
- Grocery Delivery – There are so many apps out there right now that let people order groceries for one or two hour delivery around town. You can find jobs with them and then delivery groceries as it fits your schedule. Two really popular services are Amazon Now and Instacart. You’ll need to live near an Amazon fulfillment center (in larger cities) to get the Amazon one.
- Online Surveys – If you just need a way to make QUICK cash, this is a good option. Nobody gets rich from doing surveys, but they’re a fun way to make money without trying too hard. 🙂 A few of my favorites are Survey Junkie, Springboard America and My Soap Box. When I say cuick cash, I mean you won’t be spending much time doing the surveys, it does take a little while to initially accumulate enough points to cash out but by the time you hit your numbers you’ll have it down easy. This is a good way to spend the time in carpool or waiting at sports practices to earn a few bucks!
What do you think of these ways to make money for moms?
Do you have any to add to the list? Let’s keep it going!!