Over the years, I’ve gotten better about finding ways to MAKE MORE DINNERS AT HOME.
It’s not only gives our family an opportunity to be together & talk about our days, but it’s a way to save money and eat healthier.
I’ll be honest, saving money is a big reason I started meal planning (especially back when we were really budgeting hard), but the health benefits & togetherness is now high up on my reasons to do it.
I typically fall back on my tried & true method of themed weekly meal plans.
#31 on my list of theme night ideas is SHEET PAN NIGHT!
Single sheet pan meals could honestly be an entire meal planning strategy on its own.
I thought it would be neat to work my way through a roster of delicious & easy sheet pan dinners, so I’m keeping track of my favorites here.
Follow along with me if you’d like and also make sure to grab a copy of my 63 Weekly Theme Night Ideas if you want even more help with dinner!
DELICIOUS & HEALTHY SHEET PAN DINNER RECIPES
On busy weeknights, I like having something super easy for dinner.
Our traditional quick dinner has been eggs & potatoes. At one point, we were doing that one so much, I decided I needed a bigger vault of easy weeknight dinners to pull from.
Enter sheet pan meals!
We mostly do chicken for protein, but honestly you can cook all kinds of meats on a sheet pan, including pork tenderloin, steak, shrimp, sausage, and fish.
Easy sides include any fresh veggies that roast well in the oven, including brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes, cherry tomatoes, green beans, and bell peppers.
Making a one-pan dinner simplifies meal prep and makes clean up a breeze.
Almost everyone has a sheet pan already. If you don’t, here are a couple that I like:
- Nordic Ware Baker’s Half Sheet – a great basic baking pan that gets the job done and allows you to cook a lot at once
- OXO Glass Baking Dish with Cover – great for anyone who prefers glassware and wants a way to take the dish from oven to table to fridge for leftover storage (my preference)
FAMILY FAVORITE SHEET PAN RECIPES
Got your sheet pan or baking dish ready to go? Let’s get cooking! Let me know in the comments which one of these recipes is your family’s favorite.
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas – I love finding crowd pleasers. This recipe does NOT disappoint! Add some warmed tortillas, cheese, and sour cream to the table, and you have a completely delicious meal that looks impressive but is really low effort. 🙂
- Sausage & Vegetables Sheet Pan – My kids love this whole meal. It’s an easy sheet-pan dinner that only takes about 10 minutes to chop up and throw into the oven! It’s a great way to get my kids to eat vegetables.
- Steak with Lemon Zucchini – This might be my new favorite sheet pan recipe because it has many of my favorite flavors in it! It’s also low carb which is great for my blood sugar. This is a super delicious weeknight meal option.
- Egg & Crispy Potato Sheet Pan Idea – I would have never thought to use eggs in a sheet pan meal until I found this recipe. It’s something different and kid-friendly, too!
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Boil – There’s just about nothing I love more than a good shrimp boil. This brings shrimp boil to weeknight dinner time. It’s a main course + sides all in one.
- Parmesan Crusted Steak & Potato Sheet Pan Dinner – Whenever I cook steak, my kids go crazy for it. We are mostly a chicken & veggies family, so steak is more like a treat around here. This is a great recipe for when you want a hearty & delicious all-in-one meal.
- Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken & Potatoes – Put this in the category of unique & easy dinner recipes. I love the flavors of honey mustard and pretzels together. This one’s a keeper.
- Hawaiian Chicken Sheet Pan Meal – This was something my whole family liked! We serve it with rice.
- Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp Sheet Pan Meal – Low carb & easy sheet pan dinner recipe that’s also great if you’re on a diet! It’s simple ingredients with high nutrition value.
MAKING WEEKNIGHT DINNER AS SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE
I hope you found some sheet pan suppers your family would like to try in this list!
The best part about making sheet pan recipes is the easy cleanup process.
To make any one of these recipes next level, try chopping up some fresh herbs to add on top. I rarely ever stick to the original recipe as stated. Anything you can add that gives a regular sheet pan dinner your unique twist is great.
If you like the sound of a particular recipe but don’t like the choice of meat, then just substitute one of your favorite meats.
Good luck with your busy weeknights! I’ll be back with more ideas to make our lives easier! 🙂