Ya’ll know what? I’ve been searching high and low for the perfect bird seed ornament tutorial for the past two years. I’ve tried to make these darned things with the kids twice with no luck – I can’t remember our first recipe, but I do remember last year we had a sticky peanut butter mess on our hands!
Aren’t these owl ornaments so cute? I found them on Amazon but they are pricey!!
They got me inspired to go out and find a tutorial to share on the blog. Read on to grab the tutorial if you want to give this a shot. Here is the bird seed I used for mine:
This year, I think I’ve found the one birdseed ornament recipe that will work perfectly! It’s on a blog called Saltwater Kids. I think the key is going to be the flour and gelatin base instead of something as sticky as peanut butter.
If you want to test this recipe out with me, you can grab it at the link below. I can’t wait to make this and hang it in the tree just outside our dining room window. Then I can watch birds stop on by with my kids!
More from WhatMommyDoes
- 3 Things Every Little Girl Needs to Hear Her Daddy Say
- Healthy Raspberry Cheesecake Yogurt Parfait
- 7 Ideas to Help You Make $800 Extra per Month
- 50 Crafts You Can Make and Sell for Extra Money
- 7 Awesome Kitchen Gadgets You Didn’t Know You Always Needed!
- How to Start a Blog the Right Way
- How to Get $15 in Cash Signup Bonuses Right Now
- 25+ Free Printable Adult Coloring Pages
- Six Super Cute Bake Sale Packaging Ideas - 10/17/2021
- 10+ Fun Ways to Give Money as a Gift! - 10/17/2021
- 17+ Free But Meaningful Christmas Gift Ideas (When You Have No Money to Spare) - 10/16/2021