This week I visited a friend and she made me a smoothie. Not just any smoothie, but a healthy GREEN smoothie designed to promote weight loss.
It took some convincing because I’m not usually the type to eat something that doesn’t look appetizing, but I trusted her, so I did it. And guess what?
Now I’m totally hooked!
I was quite surprised that the smoothie didn’t taste as “green” as it looked. Her recipe include spinach, avocado, and apples. I decided to find a good mix of healthy smoothie recipes to try, and here’s what I came up with!
Healthy Green Smoothie Recipes for Weight Loss
All these recipes are packed with nutrients. I could stand to shed a few pounds after a winter of overindulging on sweets and not eating as many greens as I should.
I figure I can drink a detox or green smoothie at least once every other day to help me get back on track to maintain my figure. I don’t want to have to lose 50 lbs all over again! :/
- Beginner Green Smoothie Recipe – Heavier on fruit, this beginner green smoothie is perfect for me to start off with.
- Skin Soothing Smoothie – This one comes with a claim of clearer skin and a better metabolism. Yes, please!
- Kick Booty Kale & Pineapple Smoothie – I’m fairly new to the kale scene, and I have to say I quite like it.
- Peanut Butter & Banana Green Smoothie – The combination of spinach and greek yogurt with peanut butter and banana might even be something I can get my kids to eat & like on their first try!
- Victoria’s Secret Model Smoothie Recipe – Need I say more?!
- Super Detox Green Cleansing Smoothie – This smoothie recipe has tons of different ingredients that are all great for you – cucumber, celery, spices, and more – I think it would be one of the harder ones to like, but it sure does sound healthy!
- Grapefruit & Kale Green Smoothie – This one sounds tangy yet delicious!
I hope you can find one go-to green smoothie recipe out of this list. I am going to start making my way through it as well! Let me know your favorite in the comments below!