Picking out the perfect gift for a new mom can be tough. You want to find something that is both practical and meaningful, without spending a fortune.
A postpartum gift basket is a great option that can be tailored to the new mom’s specific needs.
Plus, it’s an idea that works for first time moms or moms who’ve been there, done that.
Not sure what to put in a postpartum gift basket? Here are 10 ideas to get you started:
What to Put in a Postpartum Gift Basket
Putting a new mom gift basket together for your sister or friend is such a thoughtful gesture.
It’s the perfect way to show that you’re excited about her journey into parenthood.
Wondering what to include in your postpartum gift basket? Here are some basics that cover what new moms need:
- Tasty snacks like chocolate, protein bars, and popcorn
- Coffee for all those sleepless nights ahead
- Self-care items like bath bombs, shower steamers, candles, lotions, and lip balm
- Lactation aids to help with milk supply, like Mother’s Milk tea or lactation cookies
- Postpartum recovery products, like nipple cream, breast pain relief pads, high-waisted postpartum panties (especially good for mamas who had an emergency c-section), scar balm, an ice pack, witch hazel pads, nursing pads
- C-section recovery essentials like an abdominal binder, pain relief meds, stool softeners, skin salve, and a back support pillow
- A gift card to order takeout or for grocery delivery
- Mom life items like dry shampoo, a scrunchie or hair ties to rock her new mom bun, and a cool mug for her caffeine pick-me-up
- Cozy pajamas, fuzzy socks, and slippers
- MY FAVORITE ITEM! A memory book! I always try to include a memory book in any gift for a new mom. Here’s my favorite memory book (The Story of You) for someone having their first baby and this is the cutest book “When We Became Four” for anyone who’s about to have their 2nd child.
That should give you plenty of fillers to get started with.
If you’d like some ideas on how to present your thoughtful gift, check out the gift boxes and baskets below.
Gift Basket Ideas for New Parents
Here are 10 of our favorite post pregnancy gifts for the new mom and baby (and a few options for Dad, too).
1. Sleep and Caffeine Kit
Can you think of a better gift for new moms and dads? This sleep and caffeine kit from Made in the Shady on Etsy is a great idea that’s packed with goodies to help parents wake up or relax, depending on what they need.
With organic coffee, relaxing soaps, a sleep spray, salve, and more, postpartum moms will have just what they need when it’s time to be wide-eyed or go to sleep.
2. Boppy Gift Basket
If you’ve been a mom before, you know how amazing Boppy products are.
Send over a big Boppy gift box like this one from Bianca Dottin filled with a nursing pillow, disposable underwear (a God-send after labor), a peri bottle, nursing balm, and a water bottle for Mom.
The baby will enjoy the baby carrier, newborn lounger, Boppy pillow, and a blanket.
3. Custom Postpartum Care Package
Build a custom care package for the one-of-a-kind new mom.
This gift box has lots of practical ideas for after birth, like maternity pads, stool softener, nursing pads, nipple balm, perineal spray, lactation cookies, and more.
You could also grab these items yourself at the store to put a basket together, but if you’re short on time or shipping it, buying one from Etsy is the way to go!
4. Memory Making Basket
So many new moms get gifts for the baby, which is absolutely wonderful. But if you want to focus on gifts she’ll enjoy and treasure for years to come, put one of these memory making baskets together.
This welcome home gift idea from Ashley Phipps includes lots of tools and accessories for the new mom to make memories with her baby. It includes:
- a phone case (to protect the phone Mom always has in her hand)
- customized thank you cards
- personalized baby journal to record that precious first year
- a metal print
- a photo book
- and a small gift for the other children if she’s not a first-time mom
Check out all the other goodies in this cute basket!
5. New Parents Gift Basket
Celebrate both the new mom and dad with a new parents gift basket.
This one available from Faded Gardenias on Etsy has a book for both Mama and Dada to read to the baby, espresso mugs, tea bags, lotions, a face mask for Mom, and a onesie for the newborn baby.
Add-ons are also available.
6. New Mom Survival Basket
Any new mom would love to have this overflowing new mom survival basket from Glitter Inc full of all the self care things she needs to pamper herself.
Of course, you can tailor the basket fillers to the preferences of your gift recipient, but here are a few comfort items include:
- Comfy socks
- Hair clips (to rock that new mom ‘do)
- Bath bombs
- Books or magazines
- Thank you cards (for her to send for all the baby’s new gifts)
- Her favorite candy
7. Snack Attack New Mom Care Package
Cravings hit hard, and when you have a newborn, you don’t always have time to make a meal.
Send a care package full of snacks instead. This gift box from Olive Grove Boutique contains assorted snacks like cookies, chips, popcorn, a fig bar, a brownie, and, of course, some chocolate.
It also contains some tea bags, Tucks wipes, Advil, lip balm, and other things that will come in handy for any new mom.
8. Pampering New Mom Survival Basket
Pamper a new mom with this fun new mom survival basket filled with loads of goodies to keep mom feeling comfy and loved.
This luxurious gift from Ashley Brooke Nicholas includes cozy pajamas, a fun coffee cup, chocolates, sleeping masks, lip gloss, and perfume.
The chewable jewelry item is perfect, too, because the new baby will be teething in no time.
9. Congrats On the New Sprout Gift Basket
Congratulate the new mom with a fun, sprout-themed gift basket.
It comes with a cute succulent-themed card, a succulent gift, a candle, a pair of fuzzy sucks, and matches. It’s the perfect postpartum gift box for your best friend, sister, or a coworker.
10. Mama Bear Gift Basket
We can’t get over these cute little teddy bear soaps in this Mama Bear gift box from Sun Basil Garden Soap.
It also has sugar scrub soap, body butter, a bath bomb, and a loofah soap—everything she needs for a spa night at home.
Bath just became a lot more fun! This basket would also make a terrific baby shower present.
We hope these postpartum care package ideas helped you find or make a great gift for your friend or loved one. Don’t forget to pin this post to come back to it when you need it!
- 10+ Best Gifts for a New Mom When She’s in the Hospital
- 13+ Best Gifts for Second Babies and Their Moms
- 30 Non-Toy Christmas Gift Ideas for Kids - 10/31/2023
- 50+ Fun Family Christmas Gift Ideas for Every Budget - 10/31/2023
- 19+ Creative Birthday Money Gifts - 08/04/2023