Unique blog ideas don’t have to be complicated. Lots of people have neat blogs on fun topics and make money doing it!
If you ask almost any blogger why blogging is a good extra income idea, you’ll hear that it’s all about the residual income. Online income is residual and builds on itself.
Do you want to get paid for exactly each hour you work OR would you rather work 1 hour now, get paid for it next month, the month after that, and infinity for that one hour?
How Do You Know What to Blog About?
There are so many things you can write about, and there’s a way to monetize (i.e. make money) from just about any topic.
What should YOU blog about?
I always tell would-be bloggers that you can make the most money blogging by sharing what you already know.
Think of all the things you look up online. Every single one of those topics could potentially make you some extra $$$.
Next, consider what you could write about several times a week FOREVER. That’s YOUR niche!
What to Blog About – 5 Unique Blog Ideas to Spark Your Creativity
If you can think of it, you can blog about it. Here are a few unique blog ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- Cupcakes! – Seriously?! All you have to do is post pretty pictures of scrumptious cupcakes! Now that’s what I’m talkin’ bout! Check out all the ads on the right side of the page…this blogger is getting paid for those advertising spots. 😉
- Outdoor Playtime Ideas – This is one of my new favorite blogs. It’s based around a super simple yet interesting topic – letting your children play outside! Why didn’t I think of that?
- Simple Living – I like everything about this blog – a simple premise, a clean design, and even a clear-cut name. If I had time to start multiple blogs at once, this would definitely be one of my top choices for topics.
- Hairdos! – Most people have hair, right? If you are particularly good at styling your hair, odds are there are people out there who would love you tips! I recently stumbled across the most awesome blog about hairstyles for little girls! I haven’t showed it to my oldest yet, but she is just going to go crazy for these hairdo ideas! Could you see yourself blogging about something as simple as hairstyles?
- Birthday Party Ideas – If I wasn’t allergic to spending money on birthday party celebrations, I’d totally do this one. If you have a few kids and like to throw cute and/or elaborate birthday bashes for each one of them, why not document your adventures and blog about it? Such a great blog idea for monetizing, I might add.
Your blog idea doesn’t have to be completely novel to work – you just need to be authentic and put your heart into it.
Ready to Start a Blog Right Now?
If you’re just now brainstorming blog topics and haven’t actually started a blog yet, I would love to help you!
Here’s a handy guide I put together to get you up and running really quickly on the best blogging platforms available.
Want to Get Your Feet Wet First?
I recently wrote a post about ways you can make money as an ASSISTANT to bloggers. Read about it here: 13 Ways to Earn Money as a Virtual Assistant to Bloggers
Latest posts by Lena Gott (see all)
- 17 Best Things for Kids to Make and Sell - 06/10/2018
- 5 Magnetic Chore Charts That Make Your Kids WANT to Do Chores! - 06/04/2018
- 7 Best Money Making Ideas for Moms - 05/30/2018