If you’re anything like me, you have a habit of letting Christmas sneak up on you.
I always know it’s coming, and I always start worrying about it in October but for some reason I can never seem to get my act together and save for Christmas gifts ahead of time.
This year WILL be different. I created this 26 week savings plan based on some other challenges I’ve seen out there, just in time to start it in time to save $1,000 by December (by starting in June).
Week by week, if you save ever increasing amounts (by $1 increments) starting with $26, you will amass $1001 in just 26 weeks!
It’s just incredible what this does for your finances, for about the cost of a fast food family meal each week!
Free Printable Savings Plan
If you want to use this savings plan for your own Christmas gift fund or even to save for another thing like a vacation or a down payment on something special, here’s the chart in printable form.
This money saving chart gives you a visual reminder of how much to save each week.
Luckily, at $51 in the final week, none of the amounts are astronomical.
For some families, these amounts represent less than they spend each week eating out ONE time. Totally doable if you already have the discretionary income to spare.
How to Download the Free Printable $1,000 Week Savings Plan
This savings challenge is available in the WhatMommyDoes Free Printable Database.
Just subscribe at the link below to gain access where you can download it as many times as you’d like!
No Wiggle Room in Your Budget?
If money is already tight, then there are ways to make more and still meet this savings goal (and quite possibly exceed it).
Check out these posts for the money-making side of it:
- 7 Ways to Make $500 – $1000 per Month
- How to Get $15 in Cash Signup Bonuses Right Now
- 7 Ways to Make Money Helping Your Elderly Neighbors
- 13 Ways to Make Money as a Virtual Assistant to Bloggers
- 13 Mason Jar Crafts to Make & Sell for Extra Money
- 15 Household Items You Can Sell for Extra Cash
- 30 Non-Toy Christmas Gift Ideas for Kids - 10/31/2023
- 50+ Fun Family Christmas Gift Ideas for Every Budget - 10/31/2023
- 19+ Creative Birthday Money Gifts - 08/04/2023