Today I have something exciting to share with you – it’s something I’ve been hoping to give my readers for a long time –
….an updated, vibrantly colored budgeting spreadsheet!
I don’t know why I’m so excited about this. Maybe it’s because the last budget template I published was as plain as can be.
I see all these super colorful ones on Pinterest all the time. Now I have my very own! 🙂
Free Monthly Budget Template
Since this is my second monthly budget offering, I thought it would be a good idea to offer you the chance to download a really plain one if you’d prefer it to a colorful template. (I won’t judge!) 🙂
Here it is: Sample Monthly Expenses Spreadsheet (Don’t laugh – I warned you it’s very plain…but it gets the job done! 🙂
Budgeting Tips for Family CEOs
If you’re new to budgeting, I have a few posts that might be helpful before you jump right in to editing this template with your financial info.
- How to Create a Budget
- 26 Week No-Brainer $1,000 Savings Plan
- Why You Should Get One Month Ahead of Your Budget (from my friend Jacob at I Heart Budgets)
- 3 Tips for Sticking to a Budget While Eating Healthy
- 3 Super Simple Things You Can Do Right Now to Save Money
- Detailed Couponing Tips for Beginners
- Free Christmas Budget Worksheet (yep! a completely separate one for keeping your gift budget on track)
- $265 One-Month Money Challenge
- Real Life Stories About Living on One Income
- Can You Really Live on One Income? (my story)
Cute Monthly Budget Printable – Completely Editable and Customizable
The beauty of this budget template is that you could easily use it as an annual budgeting worksheet. It’s meant to be used as a monthly option, but you could easily delete “monthly” from the header and just call it Our Family Budget!
To download the worksheet (Excel format), click on the image below to access the DropBox file.
I’ve pre-populated this budget template with typical family household expenses.
There’s not as much detail as in my original worksheet, but that’s intentional – I don’t want anyone to get bogged down in the details which could prevent them from even getting started in the first place.
These budget categories are intentionally broad so you can leave them as-is or customize it as you see fit!
- 30 Non-Toy Christmas Gift Ideas for Kids - 10/31/2023
- 50+ Fun Family Christmas Gift Ideas for Every Budget - 10/31/2023
- 19+ Creative Birthday Money Gifts - 08/04/2023